Hey Everyone! Here are the standout products that I’ve been loving throughout the month of February!
- Nivea Aftershave Balm for Sensitive Skin – I discovered this gem from beauty guru NikkieTutorials on Youtube. This is fantastic to use as a face primer. It prolongs the wear-time of your foundation and keeps your skin looking fresh and hydrated due to the high amount of glycerin in this product. This will not provide you with oil control, so if you have oily skin, make sure to set your makeup with powder! Since this is marketed as a men’s product, it does have a men’s cologne kind of fragrance to it, however, the scent disappears after a few minutes. Good quality makeup primers tend to be quite expensive, so if you want to save some $$$$, this is a great way to go!
- Revlon Highlighting Palette in Peach Glow – This is my favourite warm golden/peachy highlighter for everyday use. The warm tones in this highlighter complements my light-medium yellow undertoned skin, and the shimmer particles are very fine so it reflects light beautifully. I use a fan brush to lightly dust it on the top of my cheekbones, down the nose, on the brow bone, and cupids bow to achieve a subtle lit-from-within glow. You can also built it up to achieve an intense JLO glow.
- Covergirl The Super Sizer (waterproof) – I have short, thin eyelashes that grow straight down, so I always opt for waterproof mascaras because they hold a curl much better than non-waterproof mascaras. This is one of the better mascaras that I’ve tried at the drugstore. The formula is definitely on the wet side, which I typically don’t like, but this does not weigh down my lashes at all. It adds a ton of length to my lashes while keeping them curled (after I use my holy grail Shu Uemura eyelash curler).
- NYX Tinted Brow Mascara in Black – Perfect for lazy makeup days, this is the ultimate all-in-one brow product! It tames, frames, tints your eyebrow hairs and adds hair-like fibres to create a full brow. Unlike eyebrow powders or pencils, this lasts all day without fading. Depending on how much pressure and product you apply, you can make your eyebrows look very natural or bold. The shade I got in “black” is not a pure black colour – instead, it looks natural against my black eyebrow hairs. My only gripe is the large brush applicator. I have to be careful not to add too much product or touch the skin around my eyebrow. I wish it was shorter and smaller to allow easy and precise application.
- Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Lipgloss in Lovechild (mini size)– The Sephora website describes this product to be “a luxurious gloss and a rich lip balm in one”, which I agree with 100%. I love to use tinted lip balms when my lips are dry, but when I want a glossy lip with some colour, this is what I go for. It’s extremely moisturizing and comfortable on the lips, and provides a creamy, semi-sheer, high-shine glossy finish. The shade “lovechild” is a beautiful mauve-pink that is a “my lips but better” (MLBB) shade.
- Loreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Golden Beige – This is hands down one of the longest wearing foundations I’ve ever tried! It has medium coverage with a demi-matte finish and feels incredibly lightweight on the skin. I like to apply this using a beauty blender to achieve a naturally flawless look. I have extremely oily skin in my T zone area (forehead and nose) and it is always a struggle finding a foundation that stops my oils from seeping through soon after I apply foundation. This controls my oil very well and I don’t look like a grease ball by the end of the day. If you have oily skin like me, this is a must-have!
- Bobbi Brown Mini Bellini Lip & Eye Palette – Last month I’ve been reaching for all of the matte eyeshadows. They are nicely pigmented, glide on smoothly and seamlessly, and are easy to blend. These shades are classic neutral eyeshadow colours that everyone should own. I use the off-white colour for a brow bone highlight, the medium brown in the crease, and the dark brown as a liner or on outer corners of the eyes. I definitely need to look into more matte eyeshadows from Bobbi Brown!
What beauty products have you been loving lately? Let me know in the comments section!